body link=##FF3300 body vlink=#660099

Relax? Have You Said Relax?: Chapter Twelve

Additional disclaimer: The song "Truly Madly Deeply" belongs to Savage Garden.

On their side, the girls left for the bar where they had some difficulties to find a table large enough for all of them, but arrangements were done, the manager didn't want to drive back so much clients whether half of them are mutants or not.

Here, ten persons kept on murmuring behind them, but they didn't pay attention anymore. Bobby, Kurt, Bryan and Scott quickly came back -- by classic way this time -- and everybody placed their order of fruit-juice and other fresh and thirst-quenching drinks.

Jean was pried by Maria, Bryan and Samantha to relate some family's anecdotes including Sara, which she did with pleasure. Between the jokes of the ones and the enthusiastic conversations of the others, two solid hours passed without anybody realized it and Storm was forced to recall something...

"Listen young people, I wouldn't want to ruin the atmosphere, but I'd have you know that we must leave in almost one and half hour an..."

"What?? Why??"

"Some of you hadn't have forgotten the training session with Wolverine tomorrow in the morning?" asked Scott by raising his eyebrows, an half smile on his lips.

The adolescent's reactions didn't let them wait more...

"What??But we're on holiday!!"

"That's cruelty!! I find this scandalous!!"

"That's unfair!!"

"What training session??"

"No! Not with Wolverine, please!"

"Argh! This had completely gone out of my mind!"

"Settle down, settle down," said Storm for bringing back the order. "Protestations wouldn't change anything, on the contrary, nothing will please Logan more than that."

Bobby formed three ice claws on his right hand, and, taking Wolverine's accent and tone, said, "Listen kids! You and me gonna have a chat!! I'm the one in charge bub! And I signal to you that this session is programmed since a week!! Gggrrrr, and don't give me your puppy-dog eyes half-parted," ended Iceman by pointing Kitty, provoking the laughs of the young mutants.

"Pretty good imitation," conceded Scott, "but don't do it in front of him, I doubt he'd like it..."

"Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that we gonna..." wanted to recall Kurt, but Tabitha cut him.

"Go on! Tomorrow is tomorrow! We still have one solid hour in front of us to let off steam!" she said in a captivating voice by miming a dance movement in the Boom-Boom's manner.

Like to approved her words, the little lively music which were passing in the bar left suddenly place to something a lot of more motivating for the young generation...

"Great!! 'You Make Me Sick' by Pink! I worship the rhythm of this song!" Said Kitty by standing up, taking Amara along to wriggle on a dance floor already half full.

Bobby, Kurt, Tabitha and the others have soon joined them and all of them unwind on a hits-compilation like Shakira's and Evanescence's best of, 'Asereje' by Las Ketchups, and a lot of more.

Then, when the music style flagged and passed to the slows, most of them pleaded to be suddenly worn out and go back to theirs seats. Little Mathilde having fall asleep in Sara's arms, Bryan and Samantha could go to dance and joined the couple of mutant already on the floor.

Closely embraced, Scott and Jean let themselves soothed by the melody of "Truly Madly Deeply" (by Savage Garden) which words seemed to have been wrote for them. Sharing theirs feeling by their bond, exchanging some lover-kisses, they took care to savour each second of these privileged moments.

***

Despite a context which didn't gave rise to relaxation, this day at the beach went more smoothly than they could have imagined. They hadn't escaped the disagreeable remarks from some narrow-minded people, but even having used their powers, the situation hadn't gone out of control.

Around 11 p.m , the heteroclite group broke up on the parking, promising to do it again one day.

After such a day, the younger mutants who embarked the X-Van resembled more of a human-wreck...no, a mutant-wreck than the nerves-bowl which had arrived to the beach the same morning.

Resuming control of the wheel, Scott couldn't help but smile and remark to Jean and Ororo that the training session with Wolverine of the next morning promised to be difficult...

***

TRULY MADLY DEEPLY

Savage Garden

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need
I love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do..
I will be strong
I will be faithful
Cos I'm counting on
A new beginning
A reason for living.
A deeper meaning

I want to stand with you on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me...

And when the stars are shining brightly
In the velvet sky
I'll make a wish
Send it to heaven
Then make you want to cry..
The tears of joy
For all the pleasure and the certainty
That we're surrounded by
The comfort and protection of
The highest power
In lonely hours
The tears devour you..

I want to stand with you on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me...

Oh can't you see it baby?
You don't have to close your eyes
Cos it's standing right before you.
All that you need will surely come...

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly madly deeply do...

I want to stand with you on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me...
I want to stand with you on a mountain...

back